Wednesday 28 August 2013

Cabin Fever

You've consumed the entire contents of the fridge yet still open it regularly to check that the food fairy hasn't put something delicious in it for you...you would go to the shops to get a sugary snack but the last time you checked your wallet moths flew out in a frenzy.  Carbicide will have to wait for another day.  You can't leave the house simply as you can't afford to.  Doing any form of exercise seems impossible as ripping your eyes away from repeats of Friends is just not going to happen now is it? The classic that is 'Smelly Cat' wraps you in a warm cocoon of comedy.  

Yes.  You've guessed it, like many other students at this time I am stuck at home with my parents. Except, I'm not a student anymore.  It's that horrible gap between being a student and being completely unemployed.  I am on the cusp of graduating and so have gone crazy applying for jobs so I can move back to the big city.  Ahh London how I have missed you.  Your public transport that runs more than once an hour to worthy destinations, your complete and utter disregard for who I am and what I care about.  Letting me be a stranger.  Thank you.

I think the worst thing about my particular cabin fever experience is that my parents currently have the house up for sale so I have this feeling of impending doom that soon I wont really have a normal base. A familiar place to fall back on.  Everyone in the house is at work doing important job things, man, I want one of those.  A real reason to need to get out of bed in the morning.

I am moving in with my boyfriend to Brockley in London on Monday and have just about enough money in my account for two month's rent.  Quite scary knowing I haven't officially got any careers on the horizon as of yet but I am hopeful that I will get one soon.  Just get me out of this house!    

No comments:

Post a Comment